The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed lest Rome falls. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
- York-Poquoson deputies investigating shooting death of Tabb High junior
- James City County Supervisors and Planning Commission discuss resort proposal from BASF Corp.
- Greater Williamsburg expo needs more hands to help homeless
- Williamsburg area home sales improve, but slowly
- Essay: Defending the devil
- Virginia Gazette Last Word for January 28: The middle class; Parks and wreck; Tips from a server
- W&M seeks to have Colorado mountain named after college
- Mike Watson will forgo run for 93rd District House of Delegates
- James City man pleads guilty to snatching purse